Your CV has made its way through the countless applications. You are grasping for breath and obviously excited. But pause for a second as the really tough part starts now. The crucial aspect is to be focused and get through the round of interviews. A professional associated with the company will take your interview and one needs to show them that you are the right candidate for the job. It is just not just about the attitude and the ability, as you have to make yourself presentable-
- Rest well before the previous night of the interview as you will not look tired and stay fresh.
- The posture is important as the way you shake your hands makes or breaks a deal. Being too casual in the early part of your interview procedures may hamper your chances of getting the job.
- A firm handshake with eye to eye contact without flaunting an aggressive attitude will go a long way in securing the job.
- What you wear also matters during the job interviews. In the winter seasons mens thermal wear will keep you warm from inside and will not allow the perspiration to come through. In the summer season, a nice pair of trousers with a light shirt will portray a positive image. You could also check to see whether the company has any dress code in place
- If there is no specific inputs in place, prefer formal colors like blue, black or grey. A matching tie or belt would do wonders. It should also match with the colors of the shoe.
- Consider the job profile. If it is more informal in nature, you can do away with a business suit. What matters more is that you wear clean and neat clothes which nicely fits you.
- Inspect your outfit for any wear and tear or wrinkles. Pay attention to detail and see that your shoes are polished. Check your hair along with nails.
- In case of female candidates, they should avoid miniskirts or additional wrap ones. If you wear skirts nylons are a must and a silk scarf will not be bad idea at all.
- Keep your appearance professional and avoid too much perfume.
- Keep the watch in the pocket once you reach the interview as it will avoid the temptation of look at it often during the interview process.
The above mentioned tips if followed in a proper manner will ensure that you sail through the interview process with ease. Though, one must ensure that they need to undertake some form of preparations from their end. This could be doing a systematic research about the company in question.